Providing more opportunities, earlier on.
CONNECTING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WITH INDUSTRY LEADERS AND PROFESSIONALS.
CONNECTING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WITH EACH OTHER.
We created this initiative after realizing students have two main priorities for their learning: 1) being preparing for their future and 2) receiving real world learning opportunities.
We realized students are uninspired and disengaged with their school curriculum because they don’t see the relevance of what they’re learning for their careers. After interviewing 75 high school students in Seattle, on average, they only think that 39% of what they’re learning in school is applicable to their future. The biggest feedback we got from talking to students from public schools was while they were learning the academic concepts, they had very little sense of what their desired career is like in real life. On a macro scale, students are lacking the proper awareness and preparation for their professional futures.
Our organization seeks to cultivate a network of schools, industry professionals, and career-connected learning initiatives to help students get one step closer to their career aspirations.
This initiative is an innovative approach to education, providing a personalized and targeted learning experience for each student. We are bringing the professional world closer to high school students, enabling them to develop meaningful connections so they can gain more exposure to their future careers. Not only are they more inspired, but they are more aware and better prepared for what they want to down the road. Join us - whether you're a student or an adult - in uniting the leaders of today with the leaders of tomorrow.
Guest Speaker Sessions
- Listen to well-known industry leaders in business, law, and technology tell their stories and share their experiences
- Immerse in group discussions, case studies and interactive simulations led by professionals
- Participate in Q&A sessions with these guest speakers
- Connect with other like-minded students in the greater Seattle area who are just as driven and creative to create partnerships and develop ideas
- Interact with leaders in business, law, and technology to seek advice, ask questions, learn about career opportunities and start expanding your network into the professional world
- Learn more about careers you're interested in without lectures, textbooks, or homework
- Get one step closer in turning your creative thoughts and ideas into reality
- Learn by doing, learn by building, and learn by creating